Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Race for the Taste 10K

This past Sunday Kim and I and 4011 of our closest friends did the Race for the Taste 10K out at Disney. First let me say Disney knows how to do races. Very organized and started on time (two very important things for me), we even had someone sing the Star Spangled Banner and fireworks.

The 6.2 miles went by very fast and it was very interesting to see just where we were walking and how we got from one place to another. We went in back gates to Hollywood Studios that I never knew existed and then a back entrance at EPCOT that I always wondered where it went.

We both had very good finishes, Kim ran more than she thought she would and finished about 15 minutes in front of me. Her time was 1:11:20 and she went more than the 6.2 miles according to her GPS . We both ended up with longer distances because of weaving in and out of the masses and for me I always seemed to be on the outside of the curve. You wouldn't think that would add up much but for the both of us it was about 1/4 mile extra.

My time was 1:26:05 which gave me a pace of 13:30 per mile, a personal best for me since I started walking.

Here I am crossing the finish line, that's me right in the center withe the purple shirt.


Here we are after our official pictures (hope to have them soon) and picking up water and fruit. We were looking for Tammy and Dan. Kim has spotted Tammy and I'm still looking for her.

Here we are feeling pretty good about the whole race and looking forward to our next one on the 24th of October. Another one at Disney, but this one is run at night and we are hoping it will be cooler then.


And yes, I did steal all these pictures from Tammy, thanks Tammy.

1 comment:

mcw said...

Did a 10K once, swore I would never do it again, but I have an enormous amount of respect for people who do.
Good job and great times.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin