Saturday, July 11, 2009

Where Does the Week Go?

Started the week with the cold that seems to make it's way around Florida and I'm sure everywhere. I was pretty much down for the count on Sunday and Monday but had some things to do on Tuesday. To tell the truth just getting out helped me feel much better.

I really didn't want to go to Weight Watcher's on Wednesday, hadn't walked since Saturday and made up for it by eating anything I could find. The scales told me exactly what I was expecting to hear (a gain but still under my goal weight) but I knew everything would get better because I was up and about.

Thursday everything was pretty much back to normal, walk with Tammy, errands, and then home. I did stop off to see Andy, Nikki, and the kids which always makes my day.

Friday I was back to walking my speed, did six miles, had a good time, and felt pretty good. Dan was off today so we went out and did our weekend errands today. Started at Lowe's, then BJ's, Target (where we found a patio chair for 75% off), and Office Depot. It was time for lunch by now and we headed to Olive Garden, Dan wanted to try one of their new summer dishes. Everything was very good and we enjoyed ourselves. Books-a-Million was next on the agenda, followed by Kohl's, Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Publix and then home.

After having such a good walk yesterday I thought today would be no problems but I just couldn't get it in gear. My first mile was the slowest I have walked in months and it didn't improve much with each mile. I ended up at just under an hour for four miles, that's about six minutes slower then normal. I'm just chalking it up to sounding like I was trying to cough up a lung on the walk. I feel fine but still have the congestion and cough, from past experience that could hold on for a few days or a few weeks. Here's hoping for the few days.

Spent the morning doing chores around the house, Dan mowed the yard, it grows so fast when it rains everyday. I vacuumed, mopped the kitchen floor, and did laundry. Then we were lucky enough to have Andy and the kids come over for a visit and some fun time in the pool.


Riley and Andy having some fun.


Riley decided he wanted to get out of the pool until he realized that he couldn't touch the bottom of the pool and the float wasn't such a bad place to be.


Kaleigh just always looks so cute.


Kaleigh helping Baapa weed some of the plants.


Going for a swim and learning to kick.


The curls have just appeared this summer and aren't they just the best?


Let me tell you, it takes a long time to fill a dump truck with a shovel.


Kaleigh and Andy.


Playing in the little pool, as we now call it.



Riley in his new dinosaur towel, he really like it and thought the hood should be pulled over his face like a mask.


Kaleigh in the butterfly towel, although Riley insisted it was a ladybug.


After a good time in the pool, Andy and the kids headed home and we watched a baseball game for a while.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin