Friday, December 28, 2007

Lipizzaner Stallions


Today was out day to go see the Lipizzaner Stallions, again we were quite the group: Dan, Tammy, Nikki, Sami, Cole, Riley, and me. We all met up in the parking lot because I had all the tickets. If I had any thought that it was going to be crowded they left my head when we drove up at 1430 (for the 1500 show) and there were hardly any cars in the parking lot.

We stopped at the concession stand on our way to our seats for snacks because the seats were all the way around the arean and the shortcut was roped off.

Got to our seats and they were front row but the railing obstructed our view. Seeing as how there was only a handful of people in our section we moved back a bunch of rows and spread out. Dan and Cole were in a row, Tammy, Nikki, Riley, Sami and I the next row and Breann sat behind Tammy.

The show started close to on time, I think it was a few minutes past 3. The first few appearances by the horses were to show different steps that the horses can do and explain the history of the Lipizzaner. It was all very interesting, although some of the basic steps were hard to tell apart.

Riley was pretty funny, he has this noise he makes that means I just can't believe what I'm seeing and it is the most amazing thing ever (or at least that is how I translate it). Well he did that when the horses were first going around the arena and made us all laugh because it was so unexpected.

I guess the show lasted about and hour and a half or two. Tammy and the kids stopped at the souvenirs and we headed home. No problems getting our of the parking lot.

All in all a fun day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't you put the picture of the horse jumping? I really liked that one.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin