Thursday, November 15, 2007

Do You Want to Know Where We Went Today?






Guess the pictures are self explanatory. Tammy caught me online this morning and asked if I had any plans for the day, of course I didn't and I was really hoping she had something very exciting in mind (I would have been happy with a trip to WalMart). But she went above and beyond. She, Mum and Dad were going to IKEA and did I want to go. Well of course I did when would they be over to pick me up. Not until 0830 and that was forever.

I put the time to good use by watching one of my Tivo'd shows and yelling at Chris. Not really, I yelled at Chris last night so I didn't have to do it again this morning. If I don't yell at least a couple of times a week he starts to feel left out and rejected so I do it just so he feels loved.

Everyone arrived just as Chris was leaving for work so they all had to get out and give him a hug, they were beginning to think he had moved away it has been so long since they've seen him.

Hit the road and it took us no time to get to the store. There were hardly any cars in the parking lot and no line to speak of waiting to get in. It looked like they were expecting another big day so I'm sure the crowds will be arriving later.

We stood in line until 0930 when the restaurant and showrooms opened. Of course our first stop was the restaurant. Had a cinnamon bun snack, the only drawback was they are a Pepsi place. Next time we have to come later so we can have lunch.

Everyone had made fun of me because I brought my IKEA catalog with all the pages marked for things I wanted to get. Well, we saw people with catalogs, notebooks, lists, tape measures and just about anything else you can think of that would help you in choosing furniture. Better to be prepared I always say.

We wandered through the showroom. Mum was looking for an armoir, Tammy was looking for a table and a dresser and I was getting small stuff for storage in my craftroom. We were successful with armoir and table. After the showroom we went downstairs to the Marketplace where the small items can be picked up. This is where I got all the stuff I wanted.

Next was the warehouse. Mum's armoir didn't have a location so I checked on the computer and got a printout to take to full service so they can pull that item for us.

We walked right up to the checkout with no wait. Tammy and I went outside to figure out what we needed to do to get to the loading dock. She went to get the vehicle while I waited with the stuff and Mum and Dad waited for their armoir. Well for a while I thought she had gone home without us. She took quite the tour to get to the loading area and every traffic person told her something different, usually contradicting the last person. But she finally made it and we got all loaded up.

We ended up spending more than 2 hours looking around in IKEA, can't wait to come back.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I am so envious!!! I love IKEA and they don't have one here.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin